Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Download: Location Tracking Cards

In addition to tracking NPC with the help of cards I wanted to have reminders for locations my group visited. The cards I made are generic enough to be used for all the different kinds of locations such as cities, shops, taverns, temples and so on. A pdf version with 9 cards per page can be downloaded here. Again special thanks to Jovana Gaspar for sharing the font A Lolita Scorned and Max F. Williams for the texture Minas Tirith.

Here is a sample, how I use the cards:



The concept is similar to the NPC tracking cards. The cards are only meant as a reminder. In the upper right part of the cards are two places for symbols or shortcuts. I intended the first space for an identifier specifying where the described location can be found at and the second to define the shortcut used on other cards to reference this location. The first shortcut of the sample is 'SF' which stands for the Shadowfell, the plane Whaleburg is located in. And the second shortcut 'WB' stands for Whaleburg. If I would make a card for a shop in Whaleburg I would use 'WB' as the primary identification.

The sample NPC card I have posted previously, has 'WB' as a location identifier to indicate that the NPC can be found in Whaleburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment